Recycling at Home
Recycling at home is easy once you know what goes in your recycling bin. Most recycling companies have moved to a single-sort system that makes it easier than ever. Items such as paper, plastic, tin, aluminum, and cartons can all be placed in the same bin with single-sort.
Here are the most common items you can recycle:
- Food and beverage cans.
- Paper with staples, junk mail, magazines, envelopes with plastic windows, phone books and notebooks with the metal spiral
- Cardboard boxes
- Milk, juice, soup, broth and wine cartons
- Shampoo, soap, lotion and laundry bottles
- Clear berry and produce containers
- Yogurt cups, tubs and containers
Items that are NOT recyclable:
- Paper to-go cups
- Tissue paper
- Garden hoses
- Drink pouches