Recycling at Home
Use the online Recycling Guide directory to find out where to recycle, compost or get rid of stuff. All recycling service providers in Dakota County must accept these items. Learn more.
Recycling at home is easy once you know what goes in your recycling bin. Most recycling companies have moved to a single-sort system that makes it easier than ever. Items such as paper, plastic, tin, aluminum, and cartons can all be placed in the same bin with single-sort.
Here are the most common items you can recycle:
- Food and beverage cans.
- Paper with staples, junk mail, magazines, envelopes with plastic windows, phone books and notebooks with the metal spiral
- Cardboard boxes
- Milk, juice, soup, broth and wine cartons
- Shampoo, soap, lotion and laundry bottles
- Clear berry and produce containers
- Yogurt cups, tubs and containers
Items that are NOT recyclable:
- Paper to-go cups
- Tissue paper
- Garden hoses
- Drink pouches